Beautiful skin tips have been searched for since time immemorial. Right from queens to today's teenagers, all have craved for beautiful skin. Moms have always passed on their tips of how to get beautiful skin to their daughters. Beautiful skin is one big deciding factor when it comes to beauty. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but beautiful skin is noticed by one and all. Although beauty tips for women have many takers, gone are the days when beautiful skin was craved for only by girls and ladies, nowadays even boys and men are particular about their skin. Today, the markets are flooded with skin care products for men along with skin care products for women.
Skin and hair care are the two things which consist of main beauty tips in general. It also reflects your overall health. Both, skin and hair need external and well as internal care. External care includes covering them to avoid damage from exposure to pollution, harmful sun rays or extreme climatic conditions. Skin care products like sunscreens, skin moisturizers, etc. and hair care products like leave-in conditioners, hair serums, after-bath moisturizing creams, etc. are beneficial and highly recommended for daily use for both, men and women. Internal care is having a healthy nutritious diet. Cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, nourishing, having a nutritious diet and physical exercise are the key factors facial skin care which will answer your question of how to get clear beautiful skin.
Beautiful Skin Tips
Apart from cleansing, toning, moisturizing there are few very essential things that are required to have beautiful skin. The key factors that go a long way in giving you flawless skin are maintenance/preventive measures, enhancing and having proper diet. It means taking measures to avoid damage from various factors mentioned above. Cleansing skin care is different for different skin types. Toning is basically done for keeping the facial pores tight which helps in keeping the grime from getting into your skin and causing acne or pimples. Use a toner which has low alcohol content. Enhance what you have got already in terms using products that suit your skin type. You can use homemade beauty recipes for smooth skin or else creams available in the market. It is advisable that you look for information and tips for buying facial skincare products. A nutritional diet consisting minerals like calcium, vitamins for healthy skin, proteins etc. should be taken.
Having beautiful skin is something which has to be a continuous process rather than doing something like a crash course in achieving the same. Knowing our skin type is the foremost step for knowing all the tips for beautiful skin. There are four types of skin, common for men and women. Before going in for any skin care products you have to detect and know what is your skin type. It is advisable to read skin care product reviews before buying something for yourself. See the following paragraphs for the different skin types and smooth skin tips.
- Use minimal make-up. A clear and supple skin is more attractive than a caked up face.
- Always remove make-up before going to bed.
- Use little cotton balls and cleansing milk for removing make-up. You can dampen it before use if you wish.
- For removing dead skin cells, i.e. dry and flaky skin, exfoliation is very important. No amount of moisturizing otherwise will give you suppleness and shine. Use a mild exfoliating cream.
- Try to moisturize immediately after washing your face with soap or facewash. It not only helps in keeping the skin hydrated but also in absorption of the cream or lotion.
- Use circular and upward and outward movements and your fingertips to massage cream or lotion. It helps in penetration.
- While choosing skin care products always ensure it is pH balanced. Avoid alkaline substances.
- Skin toners should be alcohol-free.
- Lavender, tea tree, lemon, rose, patchouli and geranium are the essential oils which serves as one of the natural beautiful skin tips of all kinds of skin.
Normal Skin: This type of skin has an even tone, is blemish-free, smooth, soft and supple, invisible pores, no patches of oiliness, e.g. in areas around your nose or forehead.
- Cleansing twice a day with a mild soap, e.g. glycerin soap or baby soap, is good enough.
- Wash off properly. Make sure you have removed all the traces of the cleansing agent from your skin.
- Toning can be done with rose water.
- Light layer of moisturizing cream at nights will be beneficial.
- Use oil based moisturizers or shaving creams.
- Using a non-drying facial mask is helpful. You can look for easy homemade facial masks too.
- Natural beautiful skin tips will include usage of skin essential oils for normal skin like chamomile, fennel, rose, sandalwood, etc.
Dry Skin: This type of skin looks dull, shine-free, feels tight because it has low sebum level, is chapped and cracked because it does not retain moisture. Sebum are the natural fatty glands produced by our body. You can notice it with your finger tips as well if placed on a clear glass.
- Dry skin needs to be cared for more than the other skin types. It needs regular moisturizing and gentle massages for increasing the blood circulation and activating the sebaceous glands.
- Never wipe your face if you have dry skin. Pat dry after washing.
- At nights apply heavy layer of moisturizing cream. Please note that a cream is preferred and advisable for dry skin instead of a lotion because it has more oil content.
- Apply cream or baby oil after baths. It will help retain moisture.
- Beautiful skin tips at home include applying milk cream at nights.
- Since dry skin is prone to wrinkles, apply cream generously around the eye area and the mouth, as these are where wrinkles tend to appear first. They are called crow's feet, laughing lines, or frown lines.
- Ylang ylang, hyssop, rose, sandalwood, chamomile, etc. are essential oils good for achieving smooth skin.
- Ex foliate once a week.
Oily Skin: As the name suggests this skin appears very oily, has blemishes and usually open pores too. The skin is very prone to pimples, blackheads and whiteheads because of the excess sebum secretion that attracts grime and thus results in clogged pores. Clogged pores are one of the main reasons of facial skin problems, caused due to over active sebaceous glands. It need not necessarily be a skin type in teenagers, as it can just be a phase due to the hormonal changes taking place in them.
- The biggest advantage that people with oily skin have is that it ages slow, i.e. wrinkle development is slower. Since it is naturally moisturized it does not require much care.
- It is essential to keep the pores from being clogged so while cleansing the face, hot water usage is recommended. Use mild soap else it will only make the sebaceous glands over work.
- If you have oily skin wiping the skin after washing should be done lightly.
- One important point here is to use oil-free shaving gel and moisturizer, preferably a lotion, but oil-based cleanser.
- An acetone based astringent or toner should be used because acetone dissolves oil.
- Exfoliate twice a week for radiant and smooth skin.
- Homemade face masks or a clay based mud mask is good for oily skin as it absorbs excess oil.
- Cedarwood, sage, juniper, cypress, bergamot, frankincense are the essential oils good for oily skin.
Combination Skin: Combination of dry and oily skin on different areas on the face is called as combination skin. The T zone of the face, i.e. forehead, nose and chin are usually oily compared to the cheeks and eye area. Try using the home remedies for beautiful skin for this skin type as it will be a combination of both, dry as well as oily skin care. Care for this type of skin will be a combination of skin care tips for dry as well as oily skin, as mentioned above, depending on the area of the zone.
Beautiful Skin Tips for Men
Since men's grooming and skincare is basically shaving, the shaving cream, foam or gel, they should be used according to their skin type. Beauty tips for men would include in understanding that although the skin types are same in both men and women, a man's skin is thicker and oilier than a woman's skin. Use skin moisturizers after shaving as shaving dehydrates the skin. One of the common skin problems that men face due to shaving is ingrown hair and rough skin. Alcohol based after-shave lotions are to be avoided. Use proper razors and smooth strokes for shaving paying attention to the direction of the hair growth. Opt for skin care products for men that has moisturizers too.
Note that natural skin care recipes are the safest bet for someone who is prone to skin disorders. Such people can also opt for herbal skin care products. So these were the beautiful skin secrets for all skin types. But all said and done, there can be no second opinion in the fact that for getting smooth skin, natural skin care is anytime more favorable than other artificial cosmetics. Therefore, the trend now is to go in for organic skin care or mineral make-up. Hope these beautiful skin tips help you in getting the young looking smooth, supple and radiant skin you longed for. Now you can confidently go choose the right products or select the right natural beauty recipes for smooth skin and make heads turn.