Here are tips for women (and men) who regularly color their hair. (Tips provided by salon colorists).
How to Touch Up Hair Color
- If you’re doing it at home, mix the tube of color and bottle of developer in a bowl.Â Next, use a toothbrush or fine-tooth comb. This will help you to easily apply the mix to the hair roots. Even better option is to use Clairol Nice N’ Easy Root Touch-Up â€“ when you buy it you will also get a specially designed tool for reaching roots.
- There are also ultra fast solutions for instantly disguising noticeable re-growths. Good choices are: Tween Time Temporary Haircolor Touch-Up Stick; Quick Tint and ColorMark. Keep in mind that the color will wash out in your next shampoo.
How to Shower-Proof Your Hair Color
1. Shampoo your hair 3 times a week, maximum – even if you use color-extending products.
2. Once a week, use a deep-treatment mask instead of your usual conditioner. Good choices are: FrÃ©dÃ©ric Fekkai Technician Color Care 3-Minute Mask and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask.
3. Improve your water. Chlorine and other additives in tap water can strip dye. You can use showerheads designed to remove these agents.